Today I’m pleased to introduce you to Sophie McLean.
To describe Sophie McLean’s life as “eventful” would be quite an understatement. She’s been a helicopter pilot, a teacher, a designer, a relief worker, a war refugee, a CEO, and a UN Representative; she’s been shot at, shipwrecked, and widowed. As a wisdom teacher, Sophie has spent decades leading transformational seminars to over 80,000 people globally, examining the human network of ideas, beliefs, consciousness, and ego. She would love to help your listeners lead themselves to personal revelations and become one with life.
Her stories will delight your senses, and her wisdom will touch your soul. What a beautiful gift she extends to us as we near the end of our year.
In this interview Sophie shares:
- The massive, massive, massive download she received at 12 (which she dubs as an undeserved gift) that led her through life’s deepest and darkest moments of despair.
- At 60 years old, she looks back at the unfortunate tragedies that she experienced which made her contemplate about suicide.
- Listen to the many wonders Sophie saw and experienced when she decided to pack her bags, travel the world and let life take her.
- Circling back to the 12-year old Sophie and how the wisdom she learned before became her guide now.
- Learn how education became Sophie’s bridge between her spiritual alignment and the world.
- Unravel the inner self and step into spiritual alignment with Sophie’s 10-session course.
- Sophie shares her vision for the new humanity that is about to unfold.
Born in Algeria, educated in Morocco and France, and with a professional career in the USA and UK, Sophie McLean has had an eventful life. She’s been a helicopter pilot, a teacher, a designer, a relief worker, a war refugee, and a CEO. She’s been shot at, shipwrecked, and widowed. She’s lived on a farm, a boat, a penthouse, and an ashram. As a wisdom teacher, Sophie has spent decades leading transformational seminars to over 80,000 people around the world, of all ethnicities, ages, religions and social backgrounds – all engaged with the universal existential questions of “Who am I?” and “What is my life about?”
Now after seven years in France, Sophie McLean is in New York to begin Act III of her life – speaking, consulting, writing and teaching courses and online seminars within the framework of Access to Awareness. Her seminar topics span both human and metaphysical dimensions – deconstructing the automatic ego, consciousness, freedom, love, stress, anxiety, fear, relationships, health, sex, money, ownership, spirituality, creation and evolution, the feminine and the masculine, being responsible, and making a difference in the world – and being effective at it.
Of her transformational teaching style, Sophie says “I engage people in a rigorous review of their life and a systematic questioning of their conclusions on the basis that without examining our network of ideas, beliefs, social and cultural judgments, and our assumptions about the world, those are transformed into constraints. My interest is in the nature of what it means to be human.”
Sophie’s new book The Elegance of Simplicity is a compelling, thought-provoking work of autobiographical fiction, one that communicates life-altering concepts proposing an effortless pathway to awareness. It’s a deeply honest and dramatic story of self-discovery, about what is possible when you take responsibility, own your power, and become one with life. Sophie McLean epitomizes elegance. She also epitomizes worldly experience, grit, courage, and insight leading to revelation and transformation.
“I danced with the moment in front of me. I danced with the whole symphony of life.” – Sophie McLean