Today, I am so excited to introduce you to Marla DiCarlo, Co-Owner and CEO of Raincatcher, which helps business owners buy and sell incredible companies. She shared some amazing insights on what it takes to get sellers to want your business and what practices to integrate into your business from day one!
In this episode:
- How to integrate thinking about your business’s exit from inception so you can maximize your impact
- Marla’s journey from social worker to CEO of Raincatcher
- Why it’s important for you to integrate an exit strategy into even the beginning stages of starting a business
- Marla’s 8 Value Drivers that your potential buyers are going to be looking at
- The power of process flowcharts and how to use them in your business
- What the Switzerland structure is, what customer/employee/revenue concentration are and why they’re important
- Why growth potential and differentiation are crucial when you want to grow and sell your business
- Marla’s best advice for you to consider for the long-term well-being of your coaching or consulting business
- Why creating an impact is near to Marla’s heart and how Raincatcher contributes to the small business community and how she can support you
Marla DiCarlo is an accomplished CFO and business consultant with more than 30 years of professional accounting experience. As co-owner and CEO of Raincatcher, helps business owners get their business ready to sell so they find the best buyer and get paid the maximum value for their business. Marla has a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and is a member of several professional organizations.
From 2000 to 2008, Marla worked as Director of Accounting for an M&A and Investment group that specialized in the purchase, capitalization, and management of real estate and businesses in various industries. While there, she was responsible for new business deals, investments, and financing. She worked with groups such as Credit Suisse First Boston, ISS Group, Venture West Group, and Madison Dearborn Partners.
In 2009, she opened Kaizen Business Results, a fractional CFO, accounting, and bookkeeping firm, to help small business owners understand the story behind their numbers and get to the next level.
Marla is an accomplished speaker and has taught classes with her local SBDC and SBA, plus various lenders, and banking institutions.
As a serial entrepreneur and small business owner, Marla has helped over 500 small business owners to grow and scale their business.
“From day one, you can start to work on reducing owner dependency for the future by documenting processes and putting systems in place.” — Marla DiCarlo
To learn more about Marla and her work, check out her website. You can also connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Let’s meet Marla DiCarlo.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 44:38 — 40.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS