I love a good changemaker story with a big mission and our guest, Lori Taylor is on a mission to put more fruits and vegetables on every table. She is the founder of The Produce Moms, a community with a passion for educating consumers on the benefits of eating, growing, selecting, storing, and serving fresh produce. As a produce supply chain professional for 10 years, Lori saw a void when it came to sharing knowledge about fresh produce brands, and she knew she wanted to find ways to inspire consumers to eat more fruits and vegetables.
In This Episode:
- Lori talks about her background in the produce industry and how she founded The Produce Moms as a platform to bridge the gap between the produce industry and consumers
- How she creates and advocates change in the food culture
- Why you need comprehensive resources on how to select, store, and serve fruits and vegetables
- The need to improve school meal programs, including the importance of salad bars in schools and efforts to reintroduce universal free meal offerings for all children in the U.S.
- Why there is no true balance in work and family life but rather an ongoing process of integration and prioritization
- Why you need to declare your values and stick to them
Lori Taylor is the Founder & CEO of The Produce Moms. For ten years she sold fresh produce to over 300 grocery stores throughout the United States, and today she is fully focused on working with the produce supply chain, media, and government to increase fresh produce access & consumption in the US and around the globe. Since its founding, The Produce Moms has had an audience of 2.2 million and has over 100 brand partnerships.
Lori’s amazing entrepreneurial story has been featured by Oprah, Martha Stewart, Forbes, GQ Magazine, Food Network, Hallmark, RealSimple Magazine, HuffPost, StyleCaster and more. In addition to running The Produce Moms, Lori is also a Podcast host and Keynote Speaker, receiving many accolades including Forbes Next 1000.
“It’s important too that we increase confidence in participation because without participation you cannot change the tide.” ~Lori Taylor
Extraordinary Women Ignite Conference is for women who are called to make a difference with their work and who want to elevate their voices. Are you ready to #RaiseUP your voice, visibility and business? It’s time to bring your business into a new paradigm filled with more time prosperity and wealth prosperity. If this speaks to your heart and soul, jump out to kamiguildner.com/ignite for all of the details. Use the code EWR and get $100 off your ticket.