Today, as we celebrate the Extraordinary Women Radio Five Year Anniversary, I am super excited to bring back today’s guest, Dr. Lissa Rankin, for her second time on the podcast. Lissa is launching her new book, Sacred Medicine: A Doctor’s Quest to Unravel the Mysteries of Healing on April 5th, be sure to jump on today and pre-order the book, as you’ll get some special bonuses!
I am filled with gratitude for all of the wisdom she shared with us, including how her deep professional expertise crossing both traditional and holistic medicine, led her to completely overhaul Sacred Medicine‘s manuscript during the pandemic. She shares rich insight on the paradoxes of healing.
In this episode:
- Lissa shares her experience with the polarization between the holistic wellness world and the conventional medicine world, which was exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic
- How developmental trauma can lead to binary thinking, and how binary thinking can be unhelpful and even dangerous
- The importance of compassion for self and others when we face trauma
- The dark side of individualism
- Striking the balance between trusting your intuition and attunement to your external reality to make good decisions
- Opening conversations that encourage vulnerability, humility, and curiosity between polarized groups for shared learning and healing
- Finding doctors that bridge the gap between conventional medicine and holistic healing via the Whole Health Medicine Institute
- Recruiting doctors as your allies and partners in healing
- Lissa’s quest for healing that took her on a journey around the world
- The wisdom of Indigenous ways of living and being
- Lissa’s paradoxes of healing that can help you navigate the world with both intuition and discernment
Lissa Rankin, MD, New York Times bestselling author of multiple books, including Mind Over Medicine, is a physician, speaker, mystic, and founder of the Whole Health Medicine Institute and the nonprofit Heal At Last. Lissa has starred in two national public television specials, her TEDx talks have been viewed over 4 million times, and she leads workshops, both online and at retreat centers like Esalen, 1440, Omega, and Kripalu. She is currently consulting for a Biden task force on vaccine hesitancy as a trauma symptom.
“You can heal yourself AND you can’t do it alone.” — Lissa Rankin
To learn more about Lissa and her work, check out her website, buy her new book, Sacred Medicine, or sign up for a Sacred Medicine Workshop. You can also connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Let’s meet Lissa Rankin.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 59:07 — 54.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS