Today on Extraordinary Women Radio, I am happy to introduce you to Genevieve Piturro – Founder of the Pajama Project, and author of Purpose, Passion, and Pajamas: How to Transform your Life, Embrace the Human Connection and Lead with Meaning.
In this Episode:
- How a little girl’s question changed Genevieve’s course of life and how a voice inside of her made her “scared” and pause
- The origin of the Pajama Project and how it was planted through a simple question
- The incredible power of Human Connection
- Her journey of giving over 7 million pajamas and books to shelters in the US and Puerto Rico
- Genevieve’s advice to you who might be wanting to shift and make a huge difference and meaningful impact in this world
- The importance of finding your “cheerleaders”
- Not the power of one, but the power of One-Another and what it means to Genevieve
- How telling a story creates an invisible bond towards one another
- The story of change in her new book Purpose, Passion and Pajamas… and how it’s very timely in what the world is facing now
Genevieve Piturro was a successful television marketing executive in New York City for twenty years when a little girl’s question changed the course of her life forever – and she jumped off the corporate ladder. She began delivering pajamas and books to children in shelters and in 2001 founded Pajama Program, a non-profit which has been recognized nationwide for both its success and Genevieve’s story.
Genevieve has been interviewed on TODAY, OPRAH, GMA, The Early Show, CNN, Fox & Friends, O Magazine, Forbes, and The Wall Street Journal and she rang the Nasdaq Stock Market Opening Bell in 2016. She has been the recipient of many local and national awards. Genevieve has one of the most rerun Oprah segments of all time!
An international speaker, consultant and author, Genevieve has made it her mission to inspire men and women across the globe to listen to their heart-voice connection in pursuing their passions to achieve success. Besides the amazing credentials and accolades, Genevieve remains a very remarkable and engaging speaker.
“My head was ruling for so long, but when the heart just keeps pounding about what you love, the mind just gives up and goes to work with the heart.” —Genevieve Piturro
Let’s meet Genevieve Piturro!