Today on Extraordinary Women Radio, I am thrilled to introduce you to Dr. Anne Arvizu—a business advisor, entrepreneur, author, media commentator leadership expert, keynote speaker, and former fortune 500 global executive. She is the founder and CEO of two thriving companies, RxER Communications Corp and Corecentryx, Inc., and we’re jamming on how to avoid burnout and step into your power!
In this Episode:
- She recalls conquering through and beyond the intense world of pharmaceutical industries (it’s not as fancy as you’d expect!).
- Remembering how her entrepreneurial dreams had started and how 2020 became an episode of what seemed to be a series of unfortunate events that led to her burnout.
- Listen to her insightful realizations from the downfall of her first business that she now follows in running her other businesses.
- Digging deep into one’s core and understanding what each component means not only for oneself but for other life aspects that make a person whole.
- Challenges that women need to be aware of whether they are involved in a corporate world or taking on an entrepreneurial shift
As a pharmacist with over 22 years of executive experience in the BioPharma industry, Dr. Arvizu has served in key roles, such as Global Head of Medical Affairs Functions at Baxter and Baxalta Pharmaceuticals, and Regional Head, Latin America, for Medical Communications and Medical Information at GlaxoSmithKline and as a C-Suite advisor to many of the top pharma and biotech clients in the world, such as Pfizer, Shire, Merck, Teva, Alnylam, Ipsen, Servier, and others.
A living or life? In 2018, after having had experienced the debilitating effects of corporate burnout and seeing her clients on the verge of physical and mental burnout, she launched The C-O-R-E Leadership Initiative, a suite of programs and offerings teaching her C-O-R-E Method, created in 2009, to promote productivity, life balance and business building skills for ‘entrepreneurial executives’, or Corepreneurs®.
Anne is the voice behind The Corepreneur® Podcast, the author of the book Afluent Minds, Core Expressions for a Rich and Wonderful Life, and the creator of Corepreneur® Academy. She was recently awarded the prestigious Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA) 2020 Luminary Award and is an award nominee for the 2020 Top 100 Healthcare Leaders Award by the International Federation for the Advancement of Healthcare (IFAH) to be bestowed in April of 2021.
“Resilience doesn’t always have to be relying on yourself. It can also be relying on others.” – Dr. Anne Arvizu
Discover more about Dr. Anne’s works and passion on her website Anne Arvizu and RxERCommunications. You can also follow her on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.
Let’s meet Dr. Anne Arvizu!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 47:19 — 43.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS