Today, I am so excited to introduce you to Brooke Lively, profitability expert and the president and founder of Cathedral Capital. She shares so much knowledge with us about turning your company into a profitable business, all based on her years of experience in finance!
In this episode:
- Brooke’s incredible journey from interning at a top investment banking firm as a high schooler to working in retail until she returned to graduate school at 35, and finally manifested her true purpose
- How to stop being afraid and start analyzing the numbers
- Tools to help you when you don’t know where to turn for financial information as an entrepreneur
- How asking the right questions is essential to understanding finances
- 6 key numbers that can make a 6-figure difference in your business
- Why understanding cash flow 6-8 weeks out is crucial to the financial forecast of your business
- The importance of having an authorized credit card on file and how this allows business owners to take control of their finances
- Brooke shares her Rule of Thirds and the percentage you should be taking home as the person responsible for the risk
- Tips on tracking your whole conversion cycle, especially sales calls booked
- Her expertise on conversion rates and also the importance of understanding your conversions by referral source
- The fear that women entrepreneurs face around looking at and understanding numbers and how to shift it
Brooke Lively is the CEO and Founder of Cathedral Capital, a team of CFOs and Profitability Strategists who help entrepreneurs turn their businesses into profitable companies. After earning her MBA in Investments and Corporate Finance, Brooke built a 7- figure company in under 2 years. As a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), she and her team, work with Hall of Famers, INC 5000 businesses, CEOs, and Small Business Owners.
With expertise in growth management, creative problem solving and profitability strategy, Brooke has been named ‘Top 25 Women to Watch,’ 2016 – 2020 Diversity Journal ‘Women Worth Watching’, and ‘Fort Worth’s 2016 CFO’s of the Year’. She is a highly regarded international speaker and the author of several books, including an international best-seller. Brooke has been featured in international media including CNBC, Forbes, US News and World Report, Fort Worth Business Press, Authority Magazine and on podcasts such as Mission Matters, The American Bar Association Modern Law Library, and The Entrepreneur Way.
“Business owners have a higher risk tolerance than employees, who do not. He who bears the risk should get the reward, so make sure you pay yourself.” — Brooke Lively
To learn more about Brooke and her work, check out her website. You can also buy her books, From Panic to Profit and 6 Key Numbers Every Entrepreneur Should Know to Achieve Peak Profitability, and connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Let’s meet Brooke Lively.